Monday, February 1, 2010

The River















The river she is flowing
Flowing and growing
The river she is flowing
Down to the sea

Mother carry me
Your child I will always be
Father carry me
Down to the sea....














Today was sunny, so we went for a hike down by the American River near our home in Fair Oaks, CA.  We brought a picnic lunch and enjoyed the sun on our faces!

Crossing a bridge














Skipping stones













Making bark/leaf rafts














Finding a nest
Picking flowers for Mommy
Finding fish bones
Mistletoe on the oak trees
Collecting interesting river rocks
Seeking out mushrooms
Hiking on trails
An amazing day!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I love that last photo...how much your kids resemble their dad even in the way they sit by the water! :)

Jenn said...

It's so green and lovely there! I wish it was spring here so we could be doing what you are doing. :0) Soon...for now, lots of snow and ice, though it's starting to melt.

Mona said...

Oh, I used to sing that song to my babies all the time! It brings back so many wonderful memories. So calming to sing over and over :)

Beth said...

Gosh, I loved hearing birds and even buzzing insects for a change! We are mostly hearing howling wind these days! Beth

Potato said...

Lovely photos- your weather is rather different than ours! I had forgotten that song, thanks for reminding me!

Unknown said...

Jealous of your sun! Looks like a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a beautiful day. It never fails to amaze me all that we can learn from moter nature,

Many Blessings to you and your family.