Monday, April 26, 2010

Waldorf in the Home Conference - Fair Oaks, CA

This year's conference was titled: "Mothering and Spirituality: Resourcing Feminine Wisdom."  What an empowering, nurturing and inspiring weekend!

The conference was held at the lovely Sacramento Waldorf School in Fair Oaks, CA.  Because we live just around the corner from the school, we were fortunate to house the amazing Kristie Burns from Earthschooling and her daughter Sofi with us!  They came on a train all of the way from Iowa.  Kristie's workshops went very well and she had her new book on the temperaments available for sale.

I enjoyed meeting vendors that had everything that I love -- Barefoot books, naturally dyed yarns, aromatherapy, artistic clothing, Waldorf dolls, puppets, wood gnome homes, wood play kitchen items and cooperative games.  Steiner College Bookstore was on hand to tempt us with their many books related to Waldorf education.

































Our speakers this year were Nancy Jewel Poer, Regina Sara Ryan, Carol Lee Flinders and Cynthia Aldinger.  There were many wonderful workshops to select from...what a hard choice!  I ended up attending "Picturing your Child" with Lee Sturgeon Day, "Clay, Color, and Word" with Ellen Springwind, "Beeswax Painting" with Joya Birns, and "Soul Development through Changing Your Handwriting" with Jennifer Crebbin.  I could write pages about the inspiration that I received as a result of learning from these goddeses!

























I look forward to going again next year!

 

4 comments:

Rose said...

What a wonderful experience you must have had! I have seen Kristie Burns in 2 video's
on You Tube explaining knitting in school. I thought she was great! It must have been nice to have her in your home. Great photo's! Rose

Jen said...

Jennifer - I've been waiting for you to post about the conference and it was worth the wait - lol! What an amazing time you all had and how wonderful that you & Kristie got to spend such precious time together. I hope to go next year and can't wait to read all of Krisite's book! What I've read so far was wonderful :D

Will you be leading a seminar next year (hint...hint...)

Hugs,
Jen

momto5 said...

oh, my. that looks so amazing. how i wish we lived a bit closer. lol

nocton4 said...

sounds wonderful, feel very jealous xx