Monday, May 24, 2010

Lunchability!
















Our brilliant sister-in-law, Tiffany, has created a blog showcasing the lunches that she makes for her children each day.  Stop by her blog www.lunchability.blogspot.com to get some lunch ideas for your family!  Lunchability also has a page on Facebook.









An excerpt from the blog:

Confession #1: I love food. Food that is tasty and fresh, diverse and creative. Don't even ask me to pick my favorite foods. I simply can't decide.



After many years of homeschooling, my two daughters began attending a brick-and-mortar school this year. To my dismay, I was suddenly faced with the agony of PACKING LUNCHES on a daily basis. I had visions of soggy sandwiches and bruised banana halves -- eeeeew!


Confession #2: Boredom and I don't get along very well.


Oh, sure. I asked veteran school-mom friends for advice. I researched recipes on the internet. I just didn't find many ideas that were particularly inspiring. I like a classic PB&J or veggies with ranch dip as much as the next guy ... once in a while. NOT every week.


Confession #3: I can't resist a good challenge.


Now what? Succumb to bland brown-bagging, or reinvent the notion of the packable lunch? I think you can guess the answer. I found myself on a mission to banish lunchbox boredom!

4 comments:

K E Fleck said...

oh, her blog sounds great! Thanks for letting us know about it :-)

(off to check it out ...)

Best wishes!

Jen said...

How fun! Can't wait to check it out - thanks for sharing :D

Andrea said...

Yummy! Can she pack my lunch too? I definitely fall under the uninspired lunch packer category. My kids would be thrilled if I took some creative tips from her site!

Mama Goose said...

Thank you, Thank you

I am always in need of food ideas. I really get stumped sometimes. They look so yummy.